The Knit McKinley
- Introducing the Rock Island ScarfThe Rock Island Scarf is a beginner friendly, fully reversible scarf pattern.
- Riverside ScarfThe Riverside Scarf is a simple four row pattern that creates a diagonal seed stitch scarf. The free pattern is perfect for an advance knitter looking for a ‘TV knit’ or a advanced begginner ready to work on a pattern with increase and decrease stitches.
- East Bay ScarfIf you buy something using the links on this blog post, I may earn a small commission (these are called affiliate links). You can…
- Shipyard: An easy, cozy scarfOver the last few months I’ve had a strong urge to knit warm, cozy scarves in simple, intuitive stitch patterns. There is a gap…
- Winter Bluffs: A free hat patternThis free pattern is for a one-sized fits many adult beanie that knits up quickly on US 10 and US 10 1/2 knitting needles! This is a perfect quick knit when you want a satisfying, warm knit.
- Prudence Island Hat: Pattern for adult hat with twisted stitchesIt’s beginning to feel like fall in Rhode Island, which seems like the perfect time to add another fall hat to my collection. This…
- Hope Valley: Knitting for CommunityA free knitting pattern for child’s sized cabled hats and hat sizing tips. Over the last couple weeks, I’ve continued to knit hats for…
- Prospect Terrace: A Cabled Hat PatternProspect Terrace is a free knitting pattern for an adult-sized cabled hat. This hat pattern offers two sizes (small and large) with a lot of negative ease to fit a variety of head sizes.
- Otterbein Hat: A Pattern UpdateRelease of the updated Otterbein Hat Pattern (cabled hat pattern for adults). This pattern now offers written and charted instructions.
The Knit McKinley is a knitting blog run by me (I’m Kara McKinley – nice to meet you!), with help from my puppy assistant, Theodorable Roosevelt the Goldendoodle. We live and work in the Pawtuxet Village in beautiful Rhode Island.