The Knit McKinley
- Riverside ScarfThe Riverside Scarf is a simple four row pattern that creates a diagonal seed stitch scarf. The free pattern is perfect for an advance knitter looking for a ‘TV knit’ or a advanced begginner ready to work on a pattern with increase and decrease stitches.
- East Bay ScarfIf you buy something using the links on this blog post, I may earn a small commission (these are called affiliate links). You can…
- Shipyard: An easy, cozy scarfOver the last few months I’ve had a strong urge to knit warm, cozy scarves in simple, intuitive stitch patterns. There is a gap…
- Winter Bluffs: A free hat patternThis free pattern is for a one-sized fits many adult beanie that knits up quickly on US 10 and US 10 1/2 knitting needles! This is a perfect quick knit when you want a satisfying, warm knit.
- Prudence Island Hat: Pattern for adult hat with twisted stitchesIt’s beginning to feel like fall in Rhode Island, which seems like the perfect time to add another fall hat to my collection. This…
Continue reading ➞ Prudence Island Hat: Pattern for adult hat with twisted stitches
- Hope Valley: Knitting for CommunityA free knitting pattern for child’s sized cabled hats and hat sizing tips. Over the last couple weeks, I’ve continued to knit hats for…
- Prospect Terrace: A Cabled Hat PatternProspect Terrace is a free knitting pattern for an adult-sized cabled hat. This hat pattern offers two sizes (small and large) with a lot of negative ease to fit a variety of head sizes.
- Otterbein Hat: A Pattern UpdateRelease of the updated Otterbein Hat Pattern (cabled hat pattern for adults). This pattern now offers written and charted instructions.
- Podcast Ep 5: Garter Stitch Angled Scarf & Mandala DK Yarn ReviewEpisode 5 of the Knit McKinley podcast features a yarn review of the Mandala DK yarn. It also includes a recipe for knitting your own Angled Garter Stitch Scarf.
The Knit McKinley is a knitting blog run by me (I’m Kara McKinley – nice to meet you!), with help from my puppy assistant, Theodorable Roosevelt the Goldendoodle. We live and work in the Pawtuxet Village in beautiful Rhode Island.