- Prudence Island Hat: Pattern for adult hat with twisted stitchesIt’s beginning to feel like fall in Rhode Island, which seems like the perfect time to add another fall hat to my collection. This hat […]
- Hope Valley: Knitting for CommunityA free knitting pattern for child’s sized cabled hats and hat sizing tips. Over the last couple weeks, I’ve continued to knit hats for Hat […]
- Prospect Terrace: A Cabled Hat PatternProspect Terrace is a free knitting pattern for an adult-sized cabled hat. This hat pattern offers two sizes (small and large) with a lot of negative ease to fit a variety of head sizes.
- Otterbein Hat: A Pattern UpdateRelease of the updated Otterbein Hat Pattern (cabled hat pattern for adults). This pattern now offers written and charted instructions.
- Podcast Ep 5: Garter Stitch Angled Scarf & Mandala DK Yarn ReviewEpisode 5 of the Knit McKinley podcast features a yarn review of the Mandala DK yarn. It also includes a recipe for knitting your own Angled Garter Stitch Scarf.
- The Knit McKinley Podcast Episode 4: Lion Brand Re-Spun yarn review and the Lighthouse BeanieEpisode 4 features a review of the new Lion Brand Re-Spun yarn and the Lighthouse Beanie. If you buy something using the links on this […]
- The Knit McKinley Podcast Episode 3: Cotton Yarns & Farmers Market ToteEpisode 3 includes yarn reviews of Lion Brand’s Comfy Cotton Blend & Cotton Candy Blend plus a closer look at the Farmer’s Market Tote. If […]
- The Knit McKinley Podcast Episode 2 & Modifying the Beacon Hat for a Chunky Weight YarnEpisode 2 includes yarn reviews of Urth Yarn’s Harvest Worsted, Lion Brand’s Hue + Me, and Lion Brand’s Re-Spun Thick & Quick. If you buy […]
- 21 in 2021!A Round-Up of My 21 Hats for Hat Not Hate (with Links to Free Patterns) If you buy something using the links on this blog […]
The Knit McKinley is a knitting blog run by me (I’m Kara McKinley – nice to meet you!), with help from my puppy assistant, Theodorable Roosevelt the Goldendoodle. We live and work in the Pawtuxet Village in beautiful Rhode Island.