- Farmer’s Market ToteConstruction: This knit tote features a solid base and stretchy lace sides. You begin with a diagonal base knit back and forth before switching to knitting in the round to make the sides, top, and handles. This means minimal ends to weave in and no seams to sew.
- Community Knitting: Free Hat PatternsI have been looking for a new community knitting project to donate hats to and have found a really good project that aligns with things I consider important.
- Super Simple, Super Bulky Knit HatThe Super Simple, Super Bulky Hat is pretty much exactly what the name says. It’s a basic beanie pattern knit with super bulky yarn. If you’re a new knitter ready to take on knitting in the round and interested in knitting a hat, I’d give this pattern a try. If you’re a more experienced knitter looking for an under ninety-minute knitting project, this is a really fun, fast knit.
- Chevron Stripes: A Pattern UpdateOriginally published as a free pattern on my blog in 2012, this is a pattern I really enjoy making – and hope you will too! […]
- Mandala Striped ScarfDoes anyone remember those striped scarfs that were popular 10 to 15 years ago? You took two skeins of self-striping yarn and worked two rows […]
- Dollar Tree Cotton Yarn Review& The Broken Rib Coaster Pattern To skip the review and get to the pattern, click here. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a […]
- What To Look for When Picking the Perfect (for you) PatternOne of the best things about being a crafter in 2021 is that you have so many ways to find your next project. Whether you […]
- 5 Knitting Notions for BeginnersThe tools I keep in my knitting bag that every beginner knitter should have. If you buy something using the links on this blog post, […]
- Starboard HatA free pattern for a spring or summer weight hat in a plant-based fiber.
The Knit McKinley is a knitting blog run by me (I’m Kara McKinley – nice to meet you!), with help from my puppy assistant, Theodorable Roosevelt the Goldendoodle. We live and work in the Pawtuxet Village in beautiful Rhode Island.