- The Knit McKinley Podcast Episode 4: Lion Brand Re-Spun yarn review and the Lighthouse BeanieEpisode 4 features a review of the new Lion Brand Re-Spun yarn and the Lighthouse Beanie. If you buy something using the links on this […]
- The Knit McKinley Podcast Episode 3: Cotton Yarns & Farmers Market ToteEpisode 3 includes yarn reviews of Lion Brand’s Comfy Cotton Blend & Cotton Candy Blend plus a closer look at the Farmer’s Market Tote. If […]
- The Knit McKinley Podcast Episode 2 & Modifying the Beacon Hat for a Chunky Weight YarnEpisode 2 includes yarn reviews of Urth Yarn’s Harvest Worsted, Lion Brand’s Hue + Me, and Lion Brand’s Re-Spun Thick & Quick. If you buy […]
- 21 in 2021!A Round-Up of My 21 Hats for Hat Not Hate (with Links to Free Patterns) If you buy something using the links on this blog […]
- Sunset Nights: Yarn Review & Rotunda CowlI’ve been experimenting a lot with new yarns recently, especially Lion Brand’s spring and summer offerings. One of these new yarns is Sunset Nights, a […]
- Day In The Park Cloche: Pattern Update and Adding a Bow To Your ClocheUpdates on the Day in the Park Cloche, including tips for picking your yarn, needles, and adding the bow to your hat.
- Lincoln Woods Hat: A super bulky knitting patternKnitting recipe/ pattern for a super-bulky winter hat. The Lincoln Park hat is an easy to follow pattern with quick, gorgeous results.
- Truboo And Coboo: Yarn Review of Plant-based Fiber GoodnessYarn Review and Comparison of the Truboo and Coboo Yarns, breaking down what’s similar and different about these two yarns yarns. And why you may want to pick Coboo or Truboo for your next project.
- Farmer’s Market ToteConstruction: This knit tote features a solid base and stretchy lace sides. You begin with a diagonal base knit back and forth before switching to knitting in the round to make the sides, top, and handles. This means minimal ends to weave in and no seams to sew.
The Knit McKinley is a knitting blog run by me (I’m Kara McKinley – nice to meet you!), with help from my puppy assistant, Theodorable Roosevelt the Goldendoodle. We live and work in the Pawtuxet Village in beautiful Rhode Island.