Errata: Pattern pdf updated on 18 August 2021 to correct typos in rnds 2 and 16.
The Prospect Terrace cabled hat is a knitting pattern for an adult sized hat in two sizes (small and large). This all over cabled pattern is knit in worsted weight wool with a deep folded brim making it a warm hat for crisp fall mornings. This hat is perfect for men and women and will work well in light and dark yarns.
I’m making this hat available for free as I think it is a great hat for community and gift knitting. If you’re looking for a charity to consider donating hats to, consider Hat Not Hate. I’ve donated 21 hats so far this year!
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Skills needed: Knitting in the round, cabling, decreasing by SSK and K2tog
- Size: Small (Large) Adult
- Circumference: Stretches to fit up to 22” (24”) head circumference
- Height: 7 ½” (8 ¼”)
- Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows per 4” in the cabled body pattern knit in the round.
- US 6 (4.0 mm) 16” circular knitting needles, or 2 sizes smaller than gauge needles.
- US 8 (5.0 mm) 16” circular knitting needles and set of double pointed needles, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 180 (210) yards of worsted weight wool-blend acrylic yarn (shown in Lion Brand Wool Ease, 80% acrylic/ 20% wool, 85 g, 197 yds, Oxford Gray).
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn needle
Download the pattern pdf at the top of the blog post (gold button).
If you enjoy this pattern, please consider liking it, sharing it, or subscribing to my newsletter (click here).
And if you knit a Prospect Terrace cabled hat, please share your pictures with me on Instagram. You can tag me (I’m @KnitMcKinley) or use the hasthag #KnitMcKinley. I really enjoy seeing your projects and hope you enjoy these patterns!