This listing is a knitting pattern. It is a pdf download. After purchase, the file will be sent to you electronically. Nothing is mailed to you; this is only a pdf download.
The Day in the Park Cloche is knit bottom up from the brim to the crown in the round. You start with a lot of stitches to form the bell part of the cloche and then use a contrasting color to add a pop of color. You’ll knit the bow in your contrasting color back and forth before folding it into the bow shape and adding it to the hat. Sized to fit babies up to 18-months, this hat is a great knit for warmer weather and will be a super cute addition to any hat collection.
Skill Level and Sizing:
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Skills needed: Knitting in the round, knitting and purling, slipping stitches, and decreasing by knitting two together.
- Size: Newborn – 3 months, (3-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months)
- Circumference: 12 ½”, (14”, 16”, 17 ½”)
- Height above brim: 4 ½” (5”, 5 ½”, 6”)
Gauge: 18 sts and 28 rows per 4” in stockinette stitch knit in the round
- US 6 (4mm) 16” circular and double-pointed needles
- Main Color (MC) Yarn: each size takes less than 100 yards
- Contrasting Color (CC) Yarn: ; size takes less than 25 yards
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn needle