I kicked off 2021 with a free pattern, the Beacon Hat and Cowl set, and I’m really excited to bring you another super simple, bulky weight hat pattern to kick of 2022!
This is a one-sized fits many adult beanie that knits up quickly on US 10 (6.0 mm) and US 10 1/2 (6.5 mm) knitting needles. This simple bulky beanie is a perfect quick knit to kick off your new year knitting. Knit one for yourself or for that knitworthy person in your life that deserves a new hat in 2022!
More details below or you can click here to get the free pattern.
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Skills needed: knitting and purling in the round, decreasing by k2tog.
- Size: One size to fit average adult head
- Circumference: Stretches to fit up to 22” head circumference
- Height: 7 ¾”
- Gauge: 12 sts and 16 rows per 4” in stockinette stitch knit in the round on larger needles
- US 10 (6.0 mm) 16” circular needle, or one size smaller than gauge needle.
- US 10 ½ (6.5 mm) 16” circular needle and set of double pointed needles, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 90 yards of bulky weight acrylic yarn. Sample shown in Big Twist Arcade (pink-blue multi, 100% acrylic, 150 g/ 154 yards)
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn needle
- Optional: Pompom or other hat topper. Sample shown using a 5″ Buttercream pom pom found at Joann Fabrics.
You can grab the pattern by clicking here to download the 1 page pdf:
If you enjoy this pattern, please consider liking it, sharing it, or subscribing to my newsletter (click here).
And if you knit a Winter Bluffs hat, please share your pictures with me on Instagram. You can tag me (I’m @KnitMcKinley) or use the hasthag #KnitMcKinley. I really enjoy seeing your projects and hope you enjoy these patterns!
Save this post to your pinterest boards!