My goal is to make a serious dent in my crazy acrylic stash. It’s not like I don’t know how this happened. Over time I grabbed skeins of acrylic in various colors to play with, almost like having a set of crayons that I could grab and try new stitches or concepts with. But now I have too much. I want to reduce the amount of yarn in my possession. While I don’t know that I’ll be able to get rid of all of this as I knit for the 500 Hats Project, I’d love to only have I’ve container of acrylic when this hat season ends.
I found a hat I’d made in January in with the yarn. This was a hat I did in acrylic that matched the weight of a cashmere I wanted to use, but didn’t want to use until I was sure able the pattern. The blue hat is the 500 Hats hat and the cream is my cashmere hat.
I’m calling it hat 4.5 because I decided when I knit it that it would be a giveaway, but it wasn’t specifically knit to be a giveaway. Official hat no. 5 is on the needles. It’s going to be cabled.